Concepts about real-time marketing and use cases:
● Netty (http://netty.io/) a framework using reactive programming pattern for scaling HTTP system easier, by JBoss http://www.jboss.org
● Apache Kafka (http://kafka.apache.org/) a publish-subscribe messaging rethought as a distributed commit log, open sourced by Linkedin
● Storm (http://storm-project.net/) the framework for distributed realtime computation system, by Twitter
● Akka http://akka.io/ (Actor Model), a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications on the JVM.
● Redis (http://redis.io/) a advanced key-value in-memory NoSQL database, all fast statistical computations in here.
● OrientDB, an Open Source NoSQL DBMS with the features of both Document and Graph DBMSs for KPI Report Data Management http://pettergraff.blogspot.it/2014/01/getting-started-with-orientdb.html
● Groovy http://groovy.codehaus.org/ and Grails http://grails.org/ for scripting layer on JVM, ad-hoc query on Redis, and the front-end
● Hadoop ecosystem http://hadoop.apache.org/ : HDFS, Hive, HBase for batch processing
● RxJava https://github.com/Netflix/RxJava a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs
● Hystrix https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix : for Latency and Fault Tolerance for Distributed Systems
● NVD3 Reusable D3 Chart http://nvd3.org
- http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~patterbj/cs/Report_CS561.pdf => ideas for sample
- http://java.dzone.com/articles/flipping-coin-bayesian => write a small game
- http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~eibe/pubs/Twitter-crc.pdf = > paper about how mining on stream data